Friday, March 18, 2005

nothing much

this is the 4th week of my new semester, and here I thought I’ve made a vow to myself not to miss ‘a’ class at all. easier said than done. if only the lecture wouldn’t be at 9 in the morning then I wouldn’t have much trouble getting up. hehe another excuse. the thing is I’m always a midnite cruiser. midnight is the beginning of my day. gush what an owl I’ve become. I shouldn’t have slept late last night. but I had to finish my tute. see how one thing leads to another. you delay one thing, then another thing comes up. the feeling was horrible. I was even late for the appointment with the student advisor. this morning was nothing to be proud of. I gotta find some way to get rid of this habit.

thankfully my day hadn’t actually turned out to be all disastrous and upsetting. I managed to finish my accounting tute and did pretty well in class. something that should motivate me not to do last minute works anymore. unlike last year, when I really felt horrible sitting in a class where I had no idea what so ever of what the tutor was talking about. I might as well not go at all. and that’s all going to really change soon. I’ve already changed a bit. Something I’m quite proud of.

There were things that made me really excited me today. Such as the thought of going to Sydney this autumn break. I’ve finally decided to go. for me when it comes to traveling, money is not really an issue. Not because I’m too rich to care, but because I think you can always find money. but you don’t always get the opportunity. I’m just thinking, well it’s now or never. I’ve realized these past few months; I’ve developed some sort of new thoughts about what I want in life. I’m positive that one of the reasons for that is because I traveled a lot lately and I’ve seen many places and met so many people that I feel so much more open-minded. So I think it is worth the small amount of money for me to go and explore places while I’m still here. So Sydney here I come. alhamdulillah I managed to get a job somewhere, maybe I wouldn’t earn that much but enough for me to survive and save for the trip.

after class today, I bumped into Lauren, my last year’s economic tute mate. we have become really close since last year. she’s a real nice and sweet person. not like most of the aussies girls. so we had coffee and a bit chit chat to catch up with things. one the things she talked about was the camp she had with the church. hurm sometimes I think, why not a muslim be proud enough to talk about Islam to the non-muslim people, when they are all lighted up talking about it to anyone. even sometimes, I feel a hesitation to talk about it to the non-muslims. for myself, I’m afraid they would feel comfortable enough with issue. but you see how they can so animatedly talk about it to us. and they don’t even care how we feel. I mean they don’t think being open about religious matter is improper. coz it isn’t. yeah maybe she’s a minister’s daughter, she’s quite pious in her religion. and I’m pretty sure we probably have some sort of conflict to really talk about it because we think we’re not pious enough. how could we? we cant even talk about Islam as a normal conversation between us muslims. and when you do talk about it, the ‘muslims’ themselves will probably give you a ‘look’ that says “hurm this guy/girl is too shallow. this is a modern world. you don’t talk about Islam man. you leave that to the pious people in the mosques”. I’m hardly saying I’m really good in islam. but I’m trying to be a good muslimah. who wouldn’t wanna be? hopefully it would be some day. ok that’s about it what we had during our chit chat. we talked about so many things like what we did during holidays and on and on. it was simply cool and nice to see her again. we really should be catching up more often with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home